Bold Step 1
Be a leader in advocating for health access and coverage
Lead a state-wide advocacy agenda that supports a robust system of health for the communities we serve.
- In partnership with the Regional Associations of California, build advocacy strategies that are executed with clear and effective messaging.
- Lead, build, strengthen and expand coalitions and partnerships that advance health center advocacy agendas.
- Facilitate the development of a culture of advocacy in community based health centers.
- Partner with the CaliforniaHealth+ Advocates to strengthen their capacity and influence to effectively advocate for polices that enable community health centers to make their communities healthier.
- Lead state-wide dialogue and initiatives that promote continued outreach, enrollment and eligibility activities that ensure coverage and care for all.
Transform the Health System
Advance health system transformation at the national, state, and local levels to promote health equity for all.
- Identify and facilitate learning around innovative approaches to delivering highly effective and efficient care.
- Build and strengthen integrated delivery networks and bridge gaps across siloed delivery systems to advance the health outcomes of communities.
- Increase advocacy around issues related to social determinants of health that affect the health outcomes of community health centers patients.
Bold Step 2
Bold Step 3
Cultivate a Robust COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER Workforce
Support the development of a strong healthcare workforce that is responsive to and reflective of California’s diverse communities.
- Promote the visibility of community based primary care workforce.
- Advance resources and support for primary care provider/staff training.
- Expand opportunities to support community members entering the health care workforce.
- Position community health centers as employers of choice.
- Grow and diversify health professions to better reflect California’s diverse communities.
- Reduce the barriers associated with hiring primary care providers.
Promote the Value of Community Health Centers
Identify and articulate a shared vision promoting the value of community health centers to California communities and the health system as a whole.
- Support community health centers ability to enhance internal cultures of quality and make strategic, data-informed decisions regarding operations and care delivery.
- Create a shared community health centers “value vision” that underscores the important role of community health centers in affecting population health and social determinants of health.
- Community health centers have the necessary skills and resources to influence and forge partnerships that impact community health.
Bold Step 4